First Steps...



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 12:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Ok, I've dug out my notes, this is what I had to do to get the SDK examples to compile using VC6.

    If you haven't got the Intel compiler, then in
    '(C4DR8)\Plugins\cinema4dsdk\cinema4dsdk.dsw'
    and in '(C4DR8)\Resource\_api_lib\_api_v8.dsw'
    you need to do this:
    Build -> Set active config to debug or release (Not intel - which is the default).

    To get rid of the
    'fatal error C1070: mismatched #if/#endif pair'
    errors, I did the following. There's probably an easier way (like some compile switch I missed - I'm not familiar with VC), but this is what I did.

    For EVERY '*.h' AND '*.cpp' file in '_api', and
    for EVERY '*.h' file in 'res/description', and
    'modules/objects/res/description',
    and ALL THEIR SUBDIRECTORIES, open each file in PFE (Programmers File Editor - others might work), add a line, delete it, then resave. This fixes the files somehow, not sure what exactly the problem is.

    I noticed that some files (e.g. 'c4d.h'), have a spurious control character before the first line of code, and VC6++ seems to be sufficiently crap that it can't cope with it).
    (Note: Can load and save en-masse in PFE with drag and drop and save all. This will stop you going insane whilst doing this).

    There's got to be an easier way, but this is what I did and it worked.

    Cheers - Steve



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 12:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Hi Steve,
    thanks for your support. Just yet I found the "USE_INTEL" Option. I had set the active config to Win32Release directly and couldn't remember where I saw the USE_Intel crap. ;o)
    Wow seems to be a lot of work, to edit all the files. I'll try and inform if this works.
    thx,
    Sneaker



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 13:26, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I started out just editing the files that it complained about, but there were so many, that in the end I just decided to do the lot. It did take a while...



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 13:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Right, after openenig and saving all these docs in  -wordpad- everything works.
    That leaves the question: "what the hell put Maxon on the CD"?  - "Mac stuff"?
    many thanks to Steve,
    Sneaker



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 13:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Thank you Steve, after an entire day of digging, and digging in Visual Studio, a simple edit and save did it all...
    I owe you one Steve....
    --what was the deal though???....;)
     
    pixolinx



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 09/01/2003 at 14:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    --- worked for me too ---
    thanks,
    any ideas of why that was the solution ???
    what OS/Development package was the sdk created in ?
    thanks again,



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 10/01/2003 at 12:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    the problem is, that all cpp and h files from the c4d api have line endings with "0x0d" only, and not "0x0d 0x0a" as usual.
    metrowerks codewarrior does not complain about that and just take it as it is, but visual studio does. and since it is impossible to get a plug in compiled with mwerks cw running we are forced to use visual studio.
    there are about 400 files (as far as i remember) in all subdirectories and so on... i've written a small utility that rewrites all the source files in the cinema 4d directory with proper line endings.
    if anyone is interested in this, just drop me a message.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 11/01/2003 at 06:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Was this the EarlyBird CD or the real release? (I don't have either, but it would be interesting to know.) I haven't encountered this issue myself; all API files have had proper Windows linefeeds. My intuition tells me that an automatic translation by some file compression tool might be involved... (Perhaps during the CD authoring if it doesn't ring any bells to you.)



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 11/01/2003 at 12:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I use  8.012



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 13/01/2003 at 12:06, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    I downloaded the SDK from Plugin Cafe, I didn't realise it was on the CDs.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 13/01/2003 at 13:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    the sdk is not on the cd and is not the problem, but the api is.
    Sneaker



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 14/01/2003 at 01:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Sorry, yes - you are correct, I wasn't thinking straight...


Log in to reply