THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 09/01/2003 at 12:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Ok, I've dug out my notes, this is what I had to do to get the SDK examples to compile using VC6.
If you haven't got the Intel compiler, then in
and in '(C4DR8)\Resource\_api_lib\_api_v8.dsw'
you need to do this:
Build -> Set active config to debug or release (Not intel - which is the default).
To get rid of the
'fatal error C1070: mismatched #if/#endif pair'
errors, I did the following. There's probably an easier way (like some compile switch I missed - I'm not familiar with VC), but this is what I did.
For EVERY '*.h' AND '*.cpp' file in '_api', and
for EVERY '*.h' file in 'res/description', and
and ALL THEIR SUBDIRECTORIES, open each file in PFE (Programmers File Editor - others might work), add a line, delete it, then resave. This fixes the files somehow, not sure what exactly the problem is.
I noticed that some files (e.g. 'c4d.h'), have a spurious control character before the first line of code, and VC6++ seems to be sufficiently crap that it can't cope with it).
(Note: Can load and save en-masse in PFE with drag and drop and save all. This will stop you going insane whilst doing this).
There's got to be an easier way, but this is what I did and it worked.
Cheers - Steve