DTFactor

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 20/12/2002 at 16:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
Cinema 4D Version:   8.012 
Platform:      
Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
What is DTFactor within the scope of ThinkingParticles?
darf

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/12/2002 at 01:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I would have quoted page 32 (40) of Manual_TP.pdf here, but the DMCA forbids me from messing with the copy/paste protection of the pdf files. So you'll have to look it up yourself. (I.e. DT Factor is explained in the user manual for TP.)

On 21/12/2002 at 08:23, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Am I supposed to have manuals?  😉
darf

On 21/12/2002 at 09:06, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes. They're available for betatesters... (beta-manuals/References/US/Manual_TP.pdf)

On 21/12/2002 at 09:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

For the curious, here's what the manual says: (Still didn't find a way to do copy/paste, but I retyped it.)
"DT Factor
DT stands for 'Delta Time'. This is a multiplier for the internal calculation of the particles' time values. The default value is 1, which means that particle time is equivalent to animation time. Lower values will lead to a slower particle time, higher values to a faster particle time. You can use this for fast forward or slow motion particle effects."