On 13/06/2015 at 06:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: R16.050
Platform: Mac OSX ;
Language(s) : C++ ;
I can't get the sdk from github to work when its placed at the root of the plugins directory. This is what i do:
1. Download the c++ SDK from github expand the zip archive here:
2. Open the xcode project at "/Applications/Maxon/YOUR_R16050_DIR/plugins/cinema4d_cpp_sdk-master/cinema4dsdk.xcodeproj".
There are 3 files missing:
2 from the configurations folder:
1 from the libs folder:
3. Select each missing file and read their path in the right column of xcode:
4. So to test if i can reach these files from the sdk folder i open the terminal and cd to "/Applications/Maxon/YOUR_R16050_DIR/plugins/cinema4d_cpp_sdk-master
5. Then try to cd to "../../../frameworks/settings" which is where the xcode project are looking for the two first files:
"no such file or directory" So this must be wrong.
6.Then try to cd to "../../frameworks/settings"(one level lower and then down) :
This gets you here: "/Applications/Maxon/YOUR_R16050_DIR/frameworks/settings" So this is correct.
7. If i replace the missing files with the correct ones, let it index and then select the main.cpp
I get an error on line 25 saying "c4d.h not found"
8. Check the constant "MAXON_ROOTDIR" in the project build settings section:
It is set to "../../../"
This path reolves to "/Applications/Maxon" if you start from "/Applications/Maxon/YOUR_R16050_DIR/plugins/cinema4d_cpp_sdk-master"
For this path to be correct you have to start from inside the: "/Applications/Maxon/YOUR_R16050_DIR/plugins/cinema4d_cpp_sdk-master/cinema4dsdk.xcodeproj" folder
9. Change the "MAXON_ROOTDIR" to "../../" Let it index and select the main.cpp. Same error.
The sdk that comes installed with cinema R16 has the no missing files when placed in the plugins directory, and the MAXON_ROOTDIR is set to "../../" Not "../../../" as in the github version. Could this be the root of the problem?
I have no idea how to get the github version of the sdk to work unless i place it inside a folder inside the plugins folder.
xcode version 6.3.2
On 15/06/2015 at 09:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm terribly sorry, this is causing troubles. I just checked here with a vanilla 16.050 C4D release version and can acknowledge your problems. We need to investigate, why this happened.
Until we come up with a fix, I recommend, you insert one additional directory level inside the plugins folder. Then the project should build fine. And if you badly need to remove this additional directory, you can then follow this guide in our SDK docs.
Sorry, for the inconvenience.
On 15/06/2015 at 13:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks a lot for looking into this!
On 15/06/2015 at 14:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:
When I follow the guide you're linking to, i'm getting these errors when i try to build the github sdk project:
Cp: ../../frameworks/cinema.framework/project/typeviewer/xcode/c4dapi.py: No such file or directory
Can't open perl script "../../frameworks/cinema.framework/project/typeviewer/xcode/copytypeviewer.pl": No such file or directory
The files are there but xcode obviously can't find them.
Going back to the version that shipped with R16050 for the time being.