On 07/04/2014 at 09:26, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version:
Hello dear developers,
as of today, we are starting the BETA phase of the PluginCafe GitHub Organization as our official
location for hosting and crowd-sourcing Cinema 4D C++ and Python example source files. The
repositories contain complete fresh baked examples that do not appear in the Cinema 4D SDK
shipped with the application. On the long-term, we aim to replace the shipped SDK with these
shiny new collections.
The PluginCafe Organization has been around for quite a while now but is now an official Beta
- Provide better example code with more documentation
- Let the community contribute to the official SDK
- More communication between the third-party and MAXON developers
What will happen:
- The C++ and Python SDKs on GitHub will continuously improve
- MAXON developers will contribute originally proprietary source code
- Examples that are created on-demand from questions on this forum will merge into the SDK.
For instance, the following examples have been contributed and originated as questions
on this forum.
- cpp-cinema4dsdk: datatype/floatlist
- py-cinema4dsdk: gui/restore-sub-dialog
Also, don't forget to check the README file that comes with some examples (namely
Markdown files with the same name as the source file).
Come and visit the PluginCafe on GitHub!
C++ SDK: https://github.com/PluginCafe/cpp-cinema4dsdk
Python SDK: https://github.com/PluginCafe/py-cinema4dsdk
We will link to these repositories in the future when pointing to example plugins.
Note : Since both projects are at their very beginning, there are not so many examples
available, but it will grow with time.
I'm not familar with GitHub
GitHub is a website for hosting Git repositories. Git is a Version Control System that is widely used
in business and private developments. Here's a nice introduction, and there's GitHub help!