Layouts Not Supported in the SDK?
On 04/04/2014 at 08:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Cinema 4D Version: 13
Platform: Windows ;
Language(s) : C++ ;
I'm having trouble handling layouts. Are layouts even supported in the SDK?
The only thing I've been able to do is load a layout using LoadFile().
1. How do we get the current active layout with code?
2. Where is the Startup.l4d layout stored?
3. Where is the Startup(user).l4d layout stored?
4. How do we save a layout without using c4d.CallCommand(12673) #Save Layout as...
I'd like to save a layout without the dialog popping up
Are the layouts are not supported at all in the SDK?
On 04/04/2014 at 12:30, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Afaik, there is no way to load/save layouts other than LoadFile(), therefore
1. Not possible. Also, when the user docks some dialog into the layout, there is no "active" layout of the ones that are saved by the user
2. app folder/resource/res/template_c4d.l4d
3. user folder/prefs/template.l4d
4. Not possible unless you do some really really really black magic which I am not sure I am allowed to teach you (will check)
On 04/04/2014 at 13:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:
The reason I need it is because I found a workaround for re-sizing the dialog window when dynamically removing gizmos. By switching to another layout then back again.
If there's a way to get(or save) the current layout. Then we could use it to re-set our windows. Without the developers needing to change the SDK.
Tell them I'm just trying to save them some work.