CONTAINER FILENAME

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 30/10/2002 at 03:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   8.012 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    when usiing FILENAME in  a res container
    the usage is very limited , in particular for a VP plugin.
    I need to give my plugin a folder address , but this FILENAME gadget is only happy when I click direectly on some existing filename.
    The alternative is to manually either type or copy/paste a folder location into the text feild.

my question is  , is there some flag to force the FILENAME to expect a folder and not a file (like a normal file selector)
    this would maek it much more usefull.

cheers

Paul Everett

P.s
    nice forum you got here :)

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 30/10/2002 at 08:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Quote: Originally posted by Paul Everett on 30  October 2002
    >
    > * * *
    >
    > when usiing FILENAME in  a res container
    > the usage is very limited , in particular for a VP plugin.
    Yes.
    > I need to give my plugin a folder address , but this FILENAME gadget is only happy when I click direectly on some existing filename.
    Unfortunately this is impossible. It was suggested during development, but never implemented.
    > question is  , is there some flag to force the FILENAME to expect a folder and not a file (like a normal file selector)
    No. You would have to create your own resource data type and a custom GUI for it. (A good exercise, but perhaps not the answer you wanted... :-)