SDK + Xcode + Mavericks?

• On 15/01/2014 at 16:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R12 
    Platform:    Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Is there an issue with R12 (32bit) C++ projects with Xcode 4.4.1 and Mavericks?

All my R12 plugin projects stopped compiling and the only change on my machine was the Mavericks upgrade. R15 projects compile fine.

Essentially, when I start building an R12 project it will get stuck while "Creating Universal Binary".

Thanks

Peter

• On 15/01/2014 at 17:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I just tried to compile the R12 SDK and that does work so it seems to be in my projects.
    Since all my projects are cloned from the SDK I have no idea to start looking. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Peter

• On 15/01/2014 at 18:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok, I ended up creating new projects using the C4DSDK project file. That made it work. Still would like to know what happened there.

• On 16/01/2014 at 00:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

<ADDRESS>
    User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R12 
    Platform:    Mac  ; 
    Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :    
    C++  ;

---------
    </ADDRESS> Is there an issue with R12 (32bit) C++ projects with Xcode 4.4.1 and Mavericks?
    All my R12 plugin projects stopped compiling and the only change on my machine was the Mavericks upgrade. R15 projects compile fine.
    Essentially, when I start building an R12 project it will get stuck while "Creating Universal Binary".
    Thanks
    Peter

Please note that the BaseSDK (OS X 10.5) used in R12 probably might not be available on Mavericks anymore (it ain't by default unless it is there from an old OS/Xcode installation or if you copied it manually on your system). Also the default compiler (gcc 4.2) used in R12 ain't available anymore in Xcode 4.4.

Best regards,

Wilfried