Windows SSL Module

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/12/2012 at 19:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey folks!

Seems that the ssl module is not compiled with C4D Python under Windows.
    Is there a technical or legal reason for this?

I keep getting this under Windows 7 x64:

**ImportError: ** No module named _ssl

A direct import produces the same. On OS X, everything seems to work fine. Maybe there is a way around it that some of you may know of? I have come up with a few hacks but it requires the user to jump
    over some hurdles that I really want to avoid.

Thanks!

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/12/2012 at 02:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

On Windows, C4D Python is not shipped with a native SSL support due to some internal dependencies.
    The SSL module has a dependency to OpenSSL which is part of OS X but not Windows. You can compile the missing libs (_ssl.pyd) 
    from Python manually with VS2010 (R14) or VS2005 (R13) and add the file to a sub-folder of your plugin.
    The sub-folder must be added to the search path list so Python can find it on an import.

On 18/12/2012 at 19:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for the reply Yannick!

I'm going to try compiling the module.

Cheers!

On 20/12/2012 at 03:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi 990adjustments,

I also ran into this earlier. It seems to be important that the exact same version of python (6.6.4) and visual studio (2005 for r12/r13 and 2010 for r14) are used. I started doing an attempt a while ago, but always got stuck at some point. If you succeed in getting this to run, it would be great if you could share it!

Just out of curiosity: What are you using it for? I was trying to use https to connect to a web service.

Best
    Timm

On 21/12/2012 at 20:15, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey tdapper,

I will definitely share the results if successful.
    So far all attempts have failed.

On 23/12/2012 at 10:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi 990adjustments,

keeping my fingers crossed. Will let you know in case we move forward here. Still, it would be really great if MAXON could include this by default...

Timm