plugin ID conflict



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 28/11/2012 at 12:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   12 
    Platform:      Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

    ---------
    Hi 
    I am slowly working my way into understanding C++ plugin development on OSX. 
    A really big problem for me is that for every step forward I pay dearly in time spent hunting down totally non-obvious problems. Such as this one:

    I finally managed to build a stripped down, bare bones Command Tool plugin. I thought it might be a good idea to have a good, lean template to start other projects. My template project gets properly initialized when I launch C4D and shows its minimal dialog when I click it in the Plugins menu. I 'cloned' a second project from this template. Changed names of the .h, .res files, etc. And changed the Plugin ID. Yet, after I launch C4D and look in the Console window I get a message that the 'cloned' plugin's ID was already registered and it shows the ID and name of the template plugin. When I remove the template plugin and launch C4D again the clone initializes correctly.

    In my source code the clone clearly has NOT the same ID as the template.
    #define ID_OBJECTALIGNER 1000016
    #define ID_C4DCOMMAND 1000013

    Really not sure what else to do. Is there some odd thing with C4D I need to know?

    Thanks

    Peter



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 28/11/2012 at 13:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    1. have you tried reseting the symbolcache ? editing (or cloning) the res/h files can cause to get
    the ids messed up. open the preference settings in c4d and click on the open preferences folder 
    button. in this folder open the pref folder. there you will find a file called symbolcache. simply delete  
    it,  c4d will rebuild it on the next start.

    2. you might also consider to get 2-3 free plugin ids by clicking the Get Plugin ID button in the 
    forum menu on the top.



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 28/11/2012 at 14:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Thanks for the input.

    It turned out that in the Build Settings (XCode 4.5.2) the Target Dynamic Library Install Name was the same as the template plugin.

    So many little details....

    Peter



  • THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

    On 29/11/2012 at 00:55, xxxxxxxx wrote:

    Only plugin IDs 1000001-1000010 are reserved for testing and development. You're using 1000013 and 1000016, so there's a risk of conflict. I never use the testing IDs for a new plugin, always get a new ID for a new project.


Log in to reply