GetPointR, RealToString

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/10/2012 at 02:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   13 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    hi

I don't know what my problem is

obj is Ocube.

const Vector *padr= ToPoint(obj)->GetPointR();
             GePrint(RealToString(padr[0].x));    <--- crash point

then, Crash....

what is problem? .. 😢

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/10/2012 at 03:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

obj should be PointObject and not BaseObject !
    Use IsInstanceOf() to test this.

On 01/10/2012 at 04:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Exactly. A little addition:

To get your hands on the resulting point object, use the cache (obj->GetCache()). And if cache is NULL for some reason, try the modeling command MCOMMAND_CURRENTSTATETOOBJECT. In both cases, the result will be a point object (presumed, of course, that obj is a generator that creates point objects).

On 01/10/2012 at 06:06, xxxxxxxx wrote:

An even smaller addition:

Always check allocations and anything that returns a pointer for NULL as an error condition.  It can let you know (if you use GePrint()) that something isn't doing what you expect without crashing.

On 02/10/2012 at 12:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you very much, all

GetCache is useful for me.