THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 11/09/2012 at 05:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Originally posted by xxxxxxxx
I think I followed your instructions correctly, but the plugin is still hanging in R14. I'm still using Xcode 3 - do I have to update to Xcode 4? Will the plugin still work in R12 if I compile in XCode 4 using the R14 sdk project?
Follow-up FYI. Turns out a few things went wrong (mixed-up project & target settings in Xcode 3). Although your target settings modified the stripping (should have happened in the project settings) and nm did report just a few symbols, the size of your dylib (680 kb) was sus**cious - and there had been a few symbols used that are related to debugging (e.g. the stack_chk_guard symbol).
Dragging the dylib on a hexeditor shows, that the symbols & debug symbols are still there. Might be caused by the mixed-up project/target settings or by XCode 3.2 - we discovered today that removing global symbol from a final linked dylib based on the r12 sdk didn't work anymore in XCode 3.2.6 (while it did with XCode 3.1 that we used for building r12). Xcode doesn't even warn you about that; you've to look into the log output to discover it. More on that later - we're preparing a document about it...
I've set up your plugin project based on the r13 sdk and the size shrinked down to 111 kb, symbols are stripped and the crash on 10.8.1 is gone.