CKey Auto Tangents problem

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 04/08/2012 at 09:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   13 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

does anybody know, how to retrieve the proper values for the key tangents if the Auto Tangents option is activated (default)? The methods GetTimeLeft / GetTimeRight provide zero although the timeline shows the tangents with a length. The attribute manager also shows 0 in the disabled edit fields unless you disable Auto Tangents. Then the proper values are displayed.

I'm surprized, that the methods don't provide the right values, because I assumed, that these values are the ones internally used.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Klaus

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 06/08/2012 at 01:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Klaus,

To get the proper values for the key, you can disable Auto Tangents in your code by calling:

key->ChangeNBit(NBIT_CKEY_AUTO,NBIT_DEL);

On 07/08/2012 at 02:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Yannek,

thanks, but that doesn't work. NBIT_DEL is not defined, so I used NBITCONTROL_CLEAR. But key->GetRightTime() still provides zero for the first key.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding: I don't want to change the user's editings! But your answer leads me to GetNBit and that's ok to get the state. Then, the time values can be calculated.