too stupid for description system :)

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/03/2012 at 20:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

hi,

thank for your reply, the console still returns:

> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SEENBYBYCAMERA'

for :

def Init(self, op) :
    		data = op.GetDataInstance()

data.SetVector(c4d.LIGHT_COLOR,c4d.Vector(1.0,1.0,1.0))
    		data.SetReal(c4d.LIGHT_BRIGHTNESS,1.0)
    		data.SetLong(c4d.LIGHT_TYPE,1)
    		data.SetLong(c4d.EMITDIRECTION,2)
    		data.SetLong(c4d.SAMPLINGMODE,2)
    		data.SetLong(c4d.MAXIMUMSAMPLES,128)
    		data.SetReal(c4d.ACCURACY,0.65)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.ACCURATECOLOR, True)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.ISAREALIGHT, True)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.SEENBYGI, True)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.SEENBYBYCAMERA, True)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.SEENBYBYREFLECTIONS, True)
    		data.SetBool(c4d.SEENBYBYREFRACTIONS, True)
    		data.SetLong(c4d.DISPLAYMODE,2)
    		return True

gnahgnahgnah ...

edit : it is in this semi-working state like it is when i remove :

op[c4d.SEENBYBYREFLECTIONS] = True

op[c4d.SEENBYBYREFRACTIONS] = True

1-4 correct, 5-7 wrong, 8-9 correct, 10-11 wrong, 12 correct, 13-14 wrong ... oO

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 12/03/2012 at 20:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

"SEENBYBYCAMERA" ? :)

Cheers
    Lennart

On 12/03/2012 at 20:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

"SEENBYBYCAMERA" ? :)

Cheers
    Lennart

not sure what you want to say ? SEENBYCAMERA like the boolean in the compositing tag.

On 12/03/2012 at 20:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

seenBYBYcamera, I guess it easy to get "word blind".
    Check the spelling:)

Cheers
    Lennart

On 12/03/2012 at 20:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

weeh,

its far too late for me :) however, after correcting the typo the console returns :

_ AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SEENBYREFLECTIONS' _
    _
    _
    the funny thing is, c4d.SEENBYREFLECTIONS is true and its checkbox is checked. if there is a god, its a cruel one :(

On 12/03/2012 at 21:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Perhaps you are having trouble because you changed your descriptions. But didn't delete your coffeesymbolcache file?

That one tends to burn everyone at least once.

-ScottA

On 13/03/2012 at 05:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

To me,

self.InitAttr(op, bool, [c4d.SEENBYBYREFLECTIONS])   
        self.InitAttr(op, bool, [c4d.SEENBYBYREFRACTIONS])   

looks spelt wrong "..BYBY.." but also as Scott mentioned,
    the coffesymbolcache file might need to be deleted for
    Cinema to update it.

Cheers
    Lennart

On 13/03/2012 at 09:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

that did the trick :) cannot express it in words how gratefull i am for your help and how angry i am, that neither the c++ sdk nor the python sdk mention this with a word (at least at their description sections).

On 13/03/2012 at 09:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The file is located here on a Windows OS:C:\YOUR username here\user\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\YOUR c4d version here\prefs\coffeesymbolcache

You didn't specify Mac or PC. Or what version you're using.
    There are a great many differences between R12 & R13. So please always provide that info in your posts.

BTW: I don't know if you know this or not. But the file link you posted says I need special permission from you to download it. That's not going to get you a lot of help either. 😉

-ScottA

On 13/03/2012 at 09:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

sorry about the google docs. but the problem is solved i found the file and it works, again thanks for your help :)

On 13/03/2012 at 10:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Lol.

That stupid cache file thing is sort of a rite of passage that all python plugin newbies have to go through.
    It's sort of like a fraternity hazing...Everyone has to go through it at least once to be in the club.😂

-ScottA