Falloff example anyone?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/02/2012 at 03:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Anyone have an example of falloff being used

esp. in context with Mograph

either way - any example appreaciated

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/02/2012 at 04:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There's a simple FalloffData example in the C++ SDK: RandomFalloff.

On 08/02/2012 at 08:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ummmm

ta

anyone else  - Python?

On 08/02/2012 at 23:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Tried to fiind some examples code in the C++ SDK as suggested
    Impossible to find - apart from definitions of  FallOff in SDK

Anyone find anything at all on this subject that I can see working pls

On 09/02/2012 at 01:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

RandomFalloff C++ example is located at "CINEMA 4D\plugins\cinema4dsdk\source\falloff\randomfalloff.cpp".
    I converted it to Python. It's very simple but if you're interested please email sdk_support@maxon.net and I'll send you the plugin files.

On 09/02/2012 at 02:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Sorry Yannick

I misunderstood - I thought you meant there was an example in the documentation

Much appreciated - will send email

On 09/02/2012 at 07:55, xxxxxxxx wrote:

@Yannick Why do we have to send an email to see this example?
    @deepshade currently working on an example, you can get it in a few hours.

Cheers, Niklas

|Edit: Ehm, random-falloff example, nice and pretty, but nowhere is documented how I should calculate the relations to actual point I should modify, somewhat more complex example, for example spherical falloff, would be much more helpful, because the random isn't actually helpful at all.  The C++ documentation doesn't say anything about how to calculate the correct point to sample relative to the effector.

On 09/02/2012 at 09:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Even the most important part is missing ******due to inadequate **documentation , here is an example of a FalloffData plugin, including handles and drawing.

Download Py-FallOff Example_0_1.zip from Mediafire

Cheers, Niklas

On 09/02/2012 at 10:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thanks to everyone

I'm sure some reverse engineering is going to very useful. I was looking to investigate controlling falloff in the python effector - or more accurately falloff using a know object to base the matrix on.
    But it all helps fill in the gaps.

I still can't (currently) see how to make this work like the xpresso falloff equivalent.
    I'm looking for a bit of 'universal' falloff code (all the current falloff options)  
    and attach that to a null.

Side note:
    I guess on any project there are going to be gaps. My suggestion would be to aim for at least a single 'working' code example in each 'major' topic.

And get some sort of poll on what areas to put sample code in first
    Objects
    etc

thanks again

Paul

On 28/02/2012 at 08:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I'd be glad if some guy from Maxon could tell us how to correctly use the FallOffData.Sample method.
    Thanks,
    -Niklas

On 28/02/2012 at 10:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

I'd be glad if some guy from Maxon could tell us how to correctly use the FallOffData.Sample method.

Hi Niklas,

I contacted the developers on this.

On 29/02/2012 at 00:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

p vector given to Sample() is the clone local position. To get its global position multiply it by data.mat, the falloff matrix.

On 29/02/2012 at 05:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you very much, Yannick! Could you put that on "your list" on things to be documented please? :) As far as I've seen it's missing in the Python as well as in the C++ SDK.

-Niklas

On 09/07/2012 at 16:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I could do very well with an Falloff example....
    Can't get my head around it at all.
    My task is to simply use the FallOff for a PyEffector.

Cheers
    Lennart

On 10/07/2012 at 04:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't try to do things at 4am and get some sleep instead :).
    I'll look into the default PyEffector falloff example and see what I can get out of it.

What I -was- doing was using a PyExpression Tag trying to transfer the
    ColorArray from one Cloner to another, that's where I get the error message
    that a "falloff must be present".

Then I looked into the mograph.FalloffDataData to see if I could make it work.
    But maybe I am misunderstanding what FalloffDataData really is and
    it is not meant for the falloff from within a Cloner?

In this particular case I ended up doing the ColorTransfer using a PyEffector,
    as I suppose it is the best way of doing it.

Cheers
    Lennart