C++ Plugins with Cython ?

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 06/05/2011 at 13:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

As the title says: Would it be possible to write C++ Plugins using Cython ? Or maybe PyRex ?

Thanks,
Niklas

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 06/05/2011 at 13:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

If they compile compatible modules for CPython yes, otherwise no.

On 06/05/2011 at 13:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm not sure if I understood you right.
I'd need a Cython module providing the Cinema 4D C++ API ?

It would be genius being able to write C++ Plugins in Cython or even Python. 🙂

On 06/05/2011 at 15:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

What exactly are you trying to achieve? For sure you can extend Python in C4D with own modules, if written in C, C++ or Python code.

If you use Cython or PyRex please check if the output is compatible with CPython. (from what I've read in the docs of Cython its possible).

On 07/05/2011 at 02:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hm, I've thought I may be able to use C++ Functions and classes in Python that are not yet implemented in Py4D then. 😄

On 07/05/2011 at 04:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

If the wrapped function uses member of the OperatingSystem of C4D then no.

On 07/05/2011 at 07:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

It would be genius being able to write C++ Plugins in Cython or even Python. 🙂

I don't see any advantage in that.

On 07/05/2011 at 09:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Well, there's still a lot of stuff that's not possible with Py4D yet, but with C++.
For example Shaderplugins or inserting Shaders into Materialchannels.

On 07/05/2011 at 13:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

For example Shaderplugins or inserting Shaders into Materialchannels.

Check out BaseList2D.InsertShader and the example in the doc.