Visual Helper

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/03/2011 at 07:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   12 
    Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hey everyone,

I have a visual helper in the form of the circle that is drawn to the screen.  I would like the helper to remain the same size no matter how the user zooms in or out..  kind of like the rotation, translation, and scale manipulators..  I do not want my visual helper to change size when the user zooms in or out.  Could someone help me with how to accomplish this?

Thanks so much.

Shawn

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/03/2011 at 07:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Shawn,

Maybe some code how you get your circle in the screen?

On 26/03/2011 at 08:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Toni,,

Here's how i get the circle to the screen.

Matrix m = op->GetMg();  

LReal size = 6;  

m.v1 *= 150;  
      m.v2 *= 150;  
      m.v3 *= 150;  

bd->SetMatrix_Matrix(op, Matrix());  

Matrix xRotationMatrix;  
      xRotationMatrix.off = m.off;  
      xRotationMatrix.v1 = m.v3 * .50;  
      xRotationMatrix.v2 = m.v2 * .50;  

bd->DrawCircle(xRotationMatrix);  

Thanks toni...   by setting the matrix to a specific size i am able to keep the circle one size but this doesn't account for zooming in and out this is just relative to the object..  :)   I would like it to be relative to the camera..   :)

Thanks

Shawn

On 26/03/2011 at 09:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

And along with this question,  can a GeRayCOllider be used to check for an intersection with a virtually drawn line?  For example I want to use DrawLine() and draw a line,  then when the mouse is over that line, I want it to change color..   is this done with GeRayCOllider?

Thanks,

Shawn

On 31/03/2011 at 05:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You need to draw the circle in screen space. Use SetMatrix_Screen() instead of SetMatrix_Matrix().

As for checking intersections, you can't use GeRayCollider(). I am not sure how it is done though. I have to think about it.

cheers,
    Matthias