Read FontData from text object

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 03/02/2011 at 07:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11.5 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hello,

how can I read the font type from the text object?
    I saw something like FontData, but I don't know how it works with the FONT

CONTAINER BPsplinetext
    {
    FONT     ID_PAINTSPLINETEXT_FONT  { }
    }

together.

regards
    Marky

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 03/02/2011 at 08:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The FontData data type, as most custom data types, is not accessible through COFFEE.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 03/02/2011 at 23:23, xxxxxxxx wrote:

oh sorry, I mine in C++ not in COFFEE.

On 04/02/2011 at 00:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

mmh, something is strance with this type.
    If I trying to allocate an object with

AutoAlloc<FontData> fd;

I get always an compiler error

c:\program files\maxon\cinema 4d r11.5\resource\_api\c4d_customdatatype.h(43) : error C2248: 'FontData::FontData' : cannot access private member declared in class 'FontData'
    1>        c:\program files\maxon\cinema 4d r11.5\resource\_api\c4d_customgui\customgui_fontchooser.h(37) : see declaration of 'FontData::FontData'
    1>        c:\program files\maxon\cinema 4d r11.5\resource\_api\c4d_customgui\customgui_fontchooser.h(34) : see declaration of 'FontData'

What's wrong ?

On 04/02/2011 at 01:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It's an error in the docs. The FontData class has no Alloc and Free methods.

To read existing FontData you don't need to allocate it anyway.

Example:

FontData *fontdata = (FontData* )data->GetCustomDataType(MY_FONT, FONTCHOOSER_DATA);  

BaseContainer fc = fontdata->GetFont();  
    Filename font = fc.GetFilename(FONT_POSTSCRIPT_NAME);  

cheers,
    Matthias

On 04/02/2011 at 02:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,
    ic, the compiler and linker errors are off.
    But I don't get the filename of the font. I get only an empty filename ??

FontData *fdata = (FontData* )op->GetDataInstance()->GetCustomDataType( TXT_ID_PAINTSPLINETEXT_FONT, FONTCHOOSER_DATA);
      if (fdata) {
          BaseContainer fc = fdata->GetFont();
          Filename font = fc.GetFilename(FONT_POSTSCRIPT_NAME);
          GePrint("Font: "+ font.GetString());
    }

On 04/02/2011 at 02:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I guess it only works with postscript fonts, not True Type.

I don't know if it is even possible to retrieve the True Type font. I have to ask the developers.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 04/02/2011 at 02:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ok, thanks.

Marky

On 04/02/2011 at 04:07, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

maybe you can give me an hint about the font topic. My problem is, that I generate an own ObjectData plugin and generate three objects in the GetVirtualObj. function. An null, an Osplinetext and an Oextrude object, because I need the same behaviour like if I would generate this objects by hand. But I can't taken over all properties in the description files, therefore I create my own with some similar properties. And now I must forward all settings into the right basic objects, also the font. Do you have an idea or an proposal, how I can do this (reading the font and put it into the Osplinetext object, that was my idea). But this doesn't works. Maybe the developers has an idea?

regards
    Markus