PrefsDialogObject and Res-File Fail

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/10/2010 at 15:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R12 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,
    I am currently trying to get the new preferences working and stripped bobtronic's example from this thread, which works, I get two timeline preferences entires. When I change this to my res-file I get the following error:
    Unable to open file
    ...[cinema4d folder]\resource\res\description\prefssolo.res
    So cinema is looking for it in its own resources instead of my plugin's res-folder.
    When I put the .res, .h and .str file in the cinema4d res and string paths they are loaded correctly.
    How do I get cinema to load my plugin prefs from my plugin folder?
    Thanks in advance. =)

Boris

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 27/10/2010 at 06:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Please wait for the final documentation (which should be ready next week hopefully). It contains a full working example of a preference hook.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 27/10/2010 at 08:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

oh, great, thx.

On 24/11/2010 at 17:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

So cinema is looking for it in its own resources instead of my plugin's res-folder.

This has nothing to do with the PrefsDialogObject. I had the same problem once. It turned out that I had removed the part

case C4DPL_INIT_SYS:   
        if (!resource.Init()) return FALSE; // don't start plugin without resource

from the main.cpp's PluginMessage(). Bad idea. Always initialize your ressources.
    Somehow I am pretty sure you did the same :-P

Cheers,
    Jack