problem with ID_BASEOBJECT_COLOR

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 30/09/2010 at 14:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
Cinema 4D Version:    
Platform:      
Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
Hi, i have a quick question about coloring objects by using ID_BASEOBJECT_COLOR

i tried both of the following, but none did work. any idea what i am missing?

tempObj->SetParameter(ID_BASEOBJECT_USECOLOR,GeData(ID_BASEOBJECT_USECOLOR_ALWAYS),0);  
          tempObj->SetParameter(ID_BASEOBJECT_COLOR,GeData(Vector(1,0,0)),0);  
     tempObj->GetDataInstance()->SetLong(ID_BASEOBJECT_USECOLOR,ID_BASEOBJECT_USECOLOR_ALWAYS);  
              tempObj->GetDataInstance()->SetVector(ID_BASEOBJECT_COLOR,Vector(1,0,0));  

thanks in advance,
cheers,
Ello

THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 01/10/2010 at 06:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

is it a problem that i am inside GetVirtualObjects? yes, it seems so, but is there a way to do it in GetVirtualObjects? I dont want to assign materials for achiving this. Any ideas?

cheers,
Ello

On 01/10/2010 at 09:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

what is tempObj? An object that you create inside of GetVirtualObjects? Then it should work I´d assume. Without a context it´s hard to say. Do you return that object in GetVirtualObjects? Then what does the object look like when you convert your plugin object that creates this?

On 01/10/2010 at 09:17, xxxxxxxx wrote:

tempObj is a BaseObject::Alloc(Ocube) and is inserted under a Nullobject. When I convert the plugin, the Cube is there, but no Color is set. I temporarily tried what happens when i insert the Cube directly into the document and the color was set, thats why i assume it doesnt work with virtual objects...

On 01/10/2010 at 10:14, xxxxxxxx wrote:

yeah I can confirm it (just tried with a sphere). Don´t know why it doesn´t work (setting primitive specific settings works just fine) but I see no real reason why it shouldn´t work.

On 01/10/2010 at 14:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm having something of a similar problem with reading/writing color vectors.  I'm doing it as SReal() for each component yet the values are reset to default every time - this despite all other settings being read/written properly.  Maxon is boiling my blood at the moment.  I can't spend every friggin week fixing these issues in R12 while I'm trying to employ what little free time to write a new commercial plugin.  It is being evaporated for these vapid hunts of stupid issues.  Grrrr...... ;(

On 05/10/2010 at 05:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

To set the object's color of child objects of a generator you have to use BaseObject::SetColorProperties and additionally the OBJECT_USECACHECOLOR flag has to be set during plugin registration.

here some example code:

BaseObject *RoundedTube::GetVirtualObjects(BaseObject *op, HierarchyHelp *hh)  
{  
  BaseObject *ret = NULL;  

Bool dirty = op->CheckCache(hh) || op->IsDirty(DIRTYFLAGS_DATA);  
  if (!dirty) return op->GetCache(hh);  

ret = BaseObject::Alloc(Ocube);  
  if (!ret) return NULL;  

ObjectColorProperties prop;  
  prop.usecolor = ID_BASEOBJECT_USECOLOR_AUTOMATIC;  
  prop.color = Vector(1.0,0.0,0.0);  
  prop.xray = FALSE;  

ret->SetColorProperties(&prop);  

return ret;  
}  

// be sure to use a unique ID obtained from www.plugincafe.com  
#define ID_ROUNDEDTUBEOBJECT 1001157  

Bool RegisterRoundedTube(void)  
{  
  return RegisterObjectPlugin(ID_ROUNDEDTUBEOBJECT,GeLoadString(IDS_ROUNDED_TUBE),OBJECT_GENERATOR|OBJECT_USECACHECOLOR,RoundedTube::Alloc,"Oroundedtube",AutoBitmap("roundedtube.tif"),0);  
}  

cheers,
Matthias

On 05/10/2010 at 06:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thank you very much matthias, i'll try that

cheers,
ello

On 05/10/2010 at 07:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thanks matthias. Could you additionally explain why this is necessary and doesn´t work by changing the container values? I just would like to understand the reason for this procedure. thank you!