Mousedrag->worldspace radius?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/09/2010 at 08:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi all.
    I'm writing a tool where i need to determine a distance (radius) in world space by dragging the mouse in the editor view- much like the native c4d tools such as "extrude inner".

I know how to get the "dragged" distance in screen pixels (from the BaseDraw), but I'm not sure how to map this to world space. Any suggestions?

Best regards
    /Filip

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 29/09/2010 at 07:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am not sure. It seems they are taking the distance to the average of the selected points into account and use this to scale extrude offset.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 30/09/2010 at 01:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK, thanks! I'll try to reverse-engineer it then. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some functionality for this in the SDK that I had missed.

Best regards
    /Filip

On 02/10/2010 at 07:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy, Can you use the BaseDraw::WS() (world to screen) and BaseDraw::SW() (screen to world) functions? Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 04/10/2010 at 05:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, that seems to be a good starting point for what I need. Thanks!

/Filip

On 29/11/2010 at 07:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

A note for others having the same problem:

The "GetToolScale" function in c4d_tooldata.h seems to be the "official" way of doing this.

/Filip