How to Alloc FFD Object?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/09/2010 at 04:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   12 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

I can't figure out how to alloc a FFD object. It could successfully be created by BaseObject::Alloc(Offd), but C4D crashes afterwards. I assume, that the point array also has to be created, but I can't find any appropriate allocation function like e.g. PolygonObject::Alloc(points, surfaces).

Any help?

Thanks.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/09/2010 at 07:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

Are you sending ffdOp->Message(MSG_MENUPREPARE); after inserting the ffd into the document? It may be that the ffd allocates it's own default points array after receiving that message.

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 26/09/2010 at 08:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

good idea, but no effect. I tried to get the point count just after creating the object and it's 27 corresponding to the default subdivions of 3 when you create it in C4D, so the basic allocation seems to be done at creation time.

I also tried to set the new point count using ToPoint(op)->ResizeObject(pcnt). This seems at least to avoid c4d crashing.

But I think that there is s.th. basically going wrong, because the bounding box isn't updated too, although I send an MSG_UPDATE message.
    This is also the case, if I leave the default subdivisions.

On 26/09/2010 at 08:40, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

Hmmmm, I just tried this in R10.1:

Bool TestCommand::Execute(BaseDocument* doc)   
    {   
         BaseObject *ffdOp = BaseObject::Alloc(Offd);   
         if(!ffdOp) return FALSE;   

doc->InsertObject(ffdOp,NULL,NULL,FALSE);   
         doc->AddUndo(UNDO_NEW,ffdOp);   
         ffdOp->Message(MSG_MENUPREPARE);   

EventAdd(EVENT_FORCEREDRAW);   

return TRUE;   
    }   

... and it seems fine; no crashing and the bounding box is correct.

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 26/09/2010 at 08:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ok, but you don't change any parameter of the FFD. Try to insert a change of the size vector and see the bounding box when selecting the FFD. The grid is looking fine, but the bounding brackets are still on the default size of 3 m (resp. 300 units).

BaseContainer *bc = ffdOp->GetDataInstance();
    bc->SetVector(FFDOBJECT_SIZE, Vector(100, 200, 400));

On 26/09/2010 at 09:13, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

OH, in R10.1, the grid doesn't change even though the parameters are set correctly, the grid and the bounding box are still at the default.

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 29/09/2010 at 16:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

may be Matthias can say a word?

On 30/09/2010 at 07:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I checked it and can confirm the strange behaviour. I have to ask the developers what's going on.

cheers,
    Matthias