Methods in SceneHookData

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/07/2010 at 07:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi all,

I've just started a basic SceneHookData plugin. I want to start a timer when the defaut scene is set dans then write a message each seconds (interval of the timer).

My code is quite simple, in the InitSceneHook method I :

• Show a MessageDialog("Init")
    • Start the timer

In the method that is called every seconds I show another MessageDialog("Timer")

I work with the demo version of C4D and there is a window that shows up at the beginning. When I run the demo this windows shows up then the "Init" message and the "Timer" message, every seconds. So it works.

The problem is when I close the demo window, the defaut 3D scene shows up and my Timer is stopped... Could you guys tell me what is wrong with my code ?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 19/07/2010 at 01:20, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am sorry, without seeing your code it's hard to tell.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 19/07/2010 at 11:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

From what I understand, the init of a scenehook isn't called that frequently (just a few times when the scene is loaded).

If you need a timer, I'd use a MessageData and its built in GetTimer function.

-kvb