Merge a document?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/03/2010 at 13:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Where can i see a working example of MergeDocument command? or anything: I just want to merge a scene into the current one , why so hard to find info of how to do that ? 
    Any help here?
    Thanks

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/03/2010 at 18:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

@blackhat
    I suggest that you use the script log.
    here is how:
    right-click on icons under menu and choose Command Manager;
    write    script log;
    you will have one result;
    drag the white icon to any palette of your choosing;
    now close Command Manager;
    You can save this layout as startup layout;
    now clic on the white icon.
    you will have the script log window.
    Now go to file---merge choose a file and open
    script log will show     CallCommand(12096); // Merge...

ET VOILA!

NB: MergeDocument()  is a c++ command.

On 23/03/2010 at 20:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Well, the call to the command is dead obvious, but I don't think this was the advice blackhat was looking for... most question in this forum are beyond mere scripting.

blackhat, I think it is simply not possible in COFFEE, it's not part of any COFFEE SDK afaik.

Like many other things this requires the C++ SDK.

Hope it helps

Kabe

On 23/03/2010 at 21:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There is xref or there is LoadDocument(), so yes it is possible.
    I use it to merge objects using coffee code.

Cheers
    Lennart

On 24/03/2010 at 02:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks lennart , your solution about xref works ok, thanks a lot.

If someone knows the c++ command or whatever i dont' care if its coffe or c++ or java or php :P if i can just copy paste into a script and it works then welcome. I just want to merge a document into current one by script :P

Anyway by now the tcastudios Lennart solution about xref works very good, the only bad its when undo it shows each command step, but its ok by now!, thanks  :)

On 24/03/2010 at 07:30, xxxxxxxx wrote:

This forum is not so much a copy&paste; source. It is assumed that you might do a bit of
    research :)
    To add an Undo function is described in the 9.5 COFFEE SDK.

Cheers
    Lennart