Boolean operation

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/12/2009 at 16:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   r11.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, but i'm here since a moment reading a lot.
    i'm from France and i'm working with cinema4D for almost a year now and i've decided to make my first own plugin.

with a lot of 😢 and some 😠 i managed to make my plugin but i got some troubles.

this plugin goal is to cut objects in different pieces based on the voronoi diagramme. So i create some particles and the diagramme. Them i use the diagramme to make some bool operation.

For some reason that i don't really understand, some bool operation don't cut the main objet (as if it wasn't closed).

i've done this video to show you the result
    http://www.screencast.com/users/valkaari/folders/Jing/media/fe02d0e6-f098-49dc-bd02-16cefc67a862

i 'know that i'm having some kernel error during the process, but i can't figure out, how to catch them (maybe to put those pieces in a different null object to allow the user to take care of them).

the question is : do you have some advice for catching modeling kernel error ?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 28/12/2009 at 01:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I am afraid there is no way to catch the modeling kernel error produced by the Boole object.

The Boole object can produce sometimes these errors especially with the High Quality option enabled.

I wouldn't rely on it in a pluign.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 28/12/2009 at 05:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ok thanks a lot for your answer