Setting Key Frames.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 22/12/2009 at 14:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    So I would like to set the align to spline position of my align to spline tag at 0  at frame 0 and 100% at frame 30.  This is the code I am using to attempt to do that.  but the results I am getting are not what I am expecting.  With the code below, I am getting two key frames placed at 0 and 30,   and the loop for that track is being set to repeat.  However, the track is not for the align to spline tag.  It is for the main object.  Does anyone see any problems with the code I have posted?

Thanks in advance.

~Shawn

//Orbit Looping  
              if (op->GetDataInstance()->GetBool(ORBIT_LOOP))  
              {  
                  if (op->GetDataInstance()->GetObjectLink(ORBIT_OBJECT, doc))  
                  {  

BaseObject* orbitingOBJ = op->GetDataInstance()->GetObjectLink(ORBIT_OBJECT, doc);  

CTrack *track = op->FindCTrack(orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION));  
                      track = CTrack::Alloc(op,orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION));  
                      if (!track) return false;  
                          op->InsertTrackSorted(track);  

BaseTime btime = doc->GetTime();  

btime.SetDenominator(op->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ORBIT_SPEED));  
                      Real deNom;  
                      deNom = btime.GetDenominator();  

btime.SetNominator(0);  
                      orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(ORBIT_POSITION, 0.0);  

CKey *key = track->GetCurve()->AddKey(btime,0);  
                      if (!key) return false;      

btime.SetNominator(deNom);  
                      orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(ORBIT_POSITION, 1.0);  

CKey *key2 = track->GetCurve()->AddKey(btime,0);  
                      if (!key) return false;  

track->SetAfter(CLOOP_REPEAT);  
                  }  
              }  

return TRUE;  

}  

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/12/2009 at 02:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There are several errors in your code. Some are basic C/C++ errors and some are wrong use of the Cinema API.

First of all you have to create the track and set the keys for the tag and not the object.

These lines make no sense:

CTrack *track = op->FindCTrack(orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION));  
    track = CTrack::Alloc(op,orbitingOBJ->GetFirstTag()->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION));  
    if (!track) return false;  
    op->InsertTrackSorted(track);  

You should check the track returned by FindCTrack() and if it doesn't exist allocate a new one and insert it. Also the way you pass the track ID is wrong. You have to pass a DescID. Use the DescLevel constructor for this.

It should be something like this:

CTrack *track = tag->FindCTrack(DescLevel(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION,DTYPE_REAL,0));  
    if (!track)  
    {  
      track = CTrack::Alloc(tag,DescLevel(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION,DTYPE_REAL,0));  
      if (!track) return FALSE;  
      tag->InsertTrackSorted(track);  
    }  

cheers,
    Matthias

On 23/12/2009 at 03:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Matthias..   I know you all don't give C++ support, but you mentioned that there were basic C/C++ errors in my code..   Could you kindly point them out so that I don't keep making them.    Thanks,

~Shawn

On 23/12/2009 at 03:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Actually it's just one error. I was refering to these two lines:

It makes no sense to get a pointer to a track and in the next line to overwrite this pointer again without any check if this is even necessary.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 23/12/2009 at 03:24, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ah..  yeah.. this is the first time I am attempting to use the API to manipulate tracks..    Thanks for the help.     Oh by the way...   You have some very nice art work and photos on your website.

~Shawn

On 23/12/2009 at 03:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yeah, it needs some time to get a grip on the Cinema API and C++.

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

Oh by the way...   You have some very nice art work and photos on your website.

Thanks! It's a passionate hobby of mine.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 24/12/2009 at 06:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I changed my code to match what you suggested.  And Here is what I currently have.

//Orbit Looping  
              if (op->GetDataInstance()->GetBool(ORBIT_LOOP))  
              {  
                  if (op->GetDataInstance()->GetObjectLink(ORBIT_OBJECT, doc))  
                  {  

BaseTag* tag = op->GetDataInstance()->GetObjectLink(ORBIT_OBJECT, doc)->GetFirstTag();  

CTrack *track = tag->FindCTrack(DescLevel(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION,DTYPE_REAL,0));  
                      if (!track)  
                      {  
                          track = CTrack::Alloc(tag,DescLevel(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION,DTYPE_REAL,0));  
                          if (!track) return FALSE;  
                          tag->InsertTrackSorted(track);  
                          GePrint("Track Created");  
                      }  

BaseTime btime = doc->GetTime();  

btime.SetDenominator(op->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ORBIT_SPEED));  
                      Real deNom;  
                      deNom = btime.GetDenominator();  

btime.SetNominator(0);  
                      tag->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION, 0);  

GePrint ("POSTITION IS" + RealToString(tag->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION, 0.0)));   
                      CKey *key = track->GetCurve()->AddKey(btime,0);  
                      if (!key) return false;      

btime.SetNominator(deNom);  
                      tag->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION, 100);  

GePrint ("POSTITION IS" + RealToString(tag->GetDataInstance()->GetReal(ALIGNTOSPLINETAG_POSITION, 0.0)));  
                      CKey *key2 = track->GetCurve()->AddKey(btime,0);  
                      if (!key) return false;  

track->SetAfter(CLOOP_REPEAT);  
                  }  
              }  

Now it creates the keyframes for the align to spline tag.   But it is not setting the position at those key frames..     so the lines:

and...

are not setting the align to spline position where the keyframe is being placed.    Does anyone know why this isn't working?

Thanks,

~Shawn

On 25/12/2009 at 18:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think you have to set the key's value to the key itself using SetValue (or SetGeData in the case of bools and such). As you know I'm pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to this stuff; so...

But I think you wanna do it like this:

key->SetValue(track->GetCurve(), 0);

Merry Christmas:)

kvb

On 25/12/2009 at 21:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Awesome..  That was exactly what I needed..  Thanks a lot.

~Shawn