Only able to compile in Debug mode.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/11/2009 at 05:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

How can I check that? May I Build just the api lib?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/11/2009 at 05:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There is no reason to remove the PPC code generation

Oh, sorry Rui. I thought this might be the reason. I can just remember that Xcode compiled the sdk when the ppc support was removed. If this is not required, it seems to be my fault.

On 23/11/2009 at 06:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

When you build the cinema4dsdk plugin in Xcode in R11+ it is automatically built for PPC/386 and 32/64-bit in a Universal Binary dylib (dynamic library). It contains all four compiled libs.

You should not need to change any of the project settings for a clean build but then I'm using Xcode 3.1 on MacOS 10.5.8. Could be something different between Xcode 3.2 and 3.1. Could be the OS version (10.5+ is required!). Also note that you should have set the build directory:

It is important that you open the XCode preferences pane and change the path where XCode saves intermediate and build files. Choose a customized location somewhere on your hard drive, so that your project folders will stay clean. NEVER choose a path that is within C4D or the plugin directory!

Usually somewhere in your Users folder is good if not already set there.

Finally, I've avoided Snow Leopard because of the many issues. This may be one of them if you are using that version of the OS.

HTH :)

On 23/11/2009 at 07:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I will post here a link to the transcript of the error log. I hope it gives some clues to what is happening.

Link to error log

Rui Batista

On 23/11/2009 at 08:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't see *any* 32-bit compiles in your build log. It is only building ppc64 and x86_64. Again, the project defaults build both 64-bit and 32-bit for both cpu architectures. Make sure that this is what is being used by both the cinema4dsdk and api_library projects.

Right click on the cinema4dsdk target under Targets and select "Get Info". On the Build tab it should be 'Active (Release)' and under Architectures the Architectures field should be 'ppc ppc64 x86_64 i386' and the Valid Architectures field should be 'i386 ppc ppc64 ppc7400 ppc970 x86_64'.

On 23/11/2009 at 08:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I did that, Robert. And I still get lots (445) errors :(

Rui Batista

On 23/11/2009 at 09:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Every single error is a standard C++ one - not one is related to Cinema 4D itself. These same four errors, over and over:

/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstddef:50:28: error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory
    /usr/include/c++/4.2.1/cstddef:53: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token
    /usr/include/c++/4.2.1/exception:40: error: '#pragma' is not allowed here
    /usr/include/c++/4.2.1/exception:133: error: expected declaration before end of line

Could be your installation of Xcode or something that the Cinema 4D project doesn't consider for this version (changes). Can you get your hands on 3.1? Or maybe a reinstall? The download should have been at least 1GB in size (3.1 is 1.03GB).

On 23/11/2009 at 09:13, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I had the very same thing working with the R11 SDK on Snowleopard.
    It is everything but straightforward, and a pain in the back. I assume that ppc compiles do not work there at all for whatever reason.

My solution was the following:

First I cared about the api project. After removing both ppc and ppc64 from the Architectures field of the api project (release target), and building release for 'x86_64 i386', this compiled fine.

Then I did the same for my project, and voila, everyhing compiles nicely and runs both in 32 and 64 bit (debug and release). Of course PPC is gone now, but to me it looks like it's not worth the hassle anymore.

Hope it helps

Kabe

On 23/11/2009 at 09:40, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Must be Snow Leopard then. I've never had one single build issue with the cinema4dsdk on Leopard for R11 or R11.5 - open, build, done. Maybe in SL, Apple is phasing out PPC support. This is understandable as all new Macs are Intel-based. Another reason for me to stay with 10.5 for the time being. :)

On 23/11/2009 at 09:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Originally posted by xxxxxxxx

First I cared about the api project. After removing both ppc and ppc64 from the Architectures field of the api project (release target), and building release for 'x86_64 i386', this compiled fine.

Then I did the same for my project, and voila, everyhing compiles nicely and runs both in 32 and 64 bit (debug and release). Of course PPC is gone now, but to me it looks like it's not worth the hassle anymore.

Can confirm, this was my workaround, too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but XCode 3.1.x is only for Leopard(10.5) and XCode 3.2 is only for SL(10.6).

P.S. I switched back to Leopard(10.5), too.

On 23/11/2009 at 10:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I can't downgrade from Snow Leopard to Leopard as I'm doing presentations of Snow Leopard.
    So, what can I do? Will Maxon release a cinema4dsdk that will work on Snow Leopard and xcode 3.2?

Rui Batista

On 23/11/2009 at 10:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Probably in R12. 😉

On 23/11/2009 at 10:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

So, I will have to wait for R12 to start coding in c++ :(

Rui Batista

On 23/11/2009 at 10:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Know the feeling.  I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and C4D R10.5 and earlier don't work at all (will not hold serial numbers).  And Visual Studio 2005 has issues (the recommended build version).  I ended up ordering a new PSU to have power to hook up another SATA drive on which to reinstall WinXP Pro x64 so that this can be accomplished.  Basically I need to have WinXP Pro 32 and 64 for development and will use Win7 for everything else.

On 23/11/2009 at 11:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I can't downgrade from Snow Leopard to Leopard as I'm doing presentations of Snow Leopard.
    So, what can I do? Will Maxon release a cinema4dsdk that will work on Snow Leopard and xcode 3.2?

The only thing you can do is to drop PPC support as I noted above.
    It's Apple that dropped PPC support for Snow Leopard/XCode 3.2.

AFAIK Maxon can nothing to regenerate that.

Kabe

On 23/11/2009 at 12:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

But I don't mind dropping PPC support. Apparently I don't know how to do that because when I tried doing what was stated here it kept on giving me all those errors.
    If someone could help me to make this work, even if only for i386 and x86_64, I would be more than happy.

Rui Batista

On 23/11/2009 at 22:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Rui, it's really all about the settings of your project *and* your libs.

Have you checked the _api.xcodeproject inside _libs? As I wrote above, this is the first thing that you have to change (remove ppc targets), it's not just about your project.

Then, after changing those settings, it's always a good idea to "Clean all targets", which you find in the build menu. This ensures that you get a proper rebuild without any old stuff in there.

Hope it helps

Kabe

On 24/11/2009 at 02:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The only thing you can do is to drop PPC support as I noted above.
    It's Apple that dropped PPC support for Snow Leopard/XCode 3.2.

AFAIK Maxon can nothing to regenerate that.

Kabe

When using SnowLeopard and XCode 3.2, you have to take care of the deployment target and the BaseSDK; 10.6 as BaseSDK wouldn't support ppc, but 10.5 does.

We have adopted the SDK to the changes in SL & Xcode 3.2 with the 11.528 update. If you use that version (or an updated 11.5 demo), building is no problem - we check that with every nightly build...

Best regards,

Wilfried Behne

On 24/11/2009 at 05:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Know the feeling.  I just upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and C4D R10.5 and earlier don't work at all (will not hold serial numbers).  And Visual Studio 2005 has issues (the recommended build version).  I ended up ordering a new PSU to have power to hook up another SATA drive on which to reinstall WinXP Pro x64 so that this can be accomplished.  Basically I need to have WinXP Pro 32 and 64 for development and will use Win7 for everything else.

Windows 7 is a pain in this respect. It's even worse than Vista IMO, even though MS say that the UAC in win7 should be 'less intrusive' than in vista. Even some of my own software, that I'd written myself, wouldn't run after 'upgrading' to win7 when it had been running perfectly in vista.

The thing that cured it for me was to turn off UAC completely. There is no switch to do this in win7, unlike vista, so you have to alter your user account settings to 'never notify' which is the equivalent. After I did that, everything worked as expected. C4D R10.111 is working fine here, although admittedly it was installed under vista before I upgraded to win7. If you haven't tried that, it might work for you.

On 24/11/2009 at 06:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

When using SnowLeopard and XCode 3.2, you have to take care of the deployment target and the BaseSDK; 10.6 as BaseSDK wouldn't support ppc, but 10.5 does.

I can confirm that! The R11 API + Plugins compile nicely when using OS X 10.5 as the base SDK!
    So, all you have to do is to change the build settings to use OS X 10.5 as base.

Kabe