Help with Filename

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/11/2009 at 08:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    So currently I insert a filename in to my shader with this method.   It works great.

Filename earthCloudMap = GeGetPluginPath()+Filename("presets")+Filename("earth")+Filename("Cloud_Map.jpg");   
              cloudData->SetFilename(BITMAPSHADER_FILENAME, earthCloudMap);   
              cloudMap->Message(MSG_UPDATE);   

Now I would like to insert a file in to this shader that the user has selected via a TEXTURE description element.

The SDK says :

Texture elements represent a STRING (description element) entry for bitmap entries. It has an additional preview window for the selected bitmap file. Use GenerateTexturePath() to get the filename of the bitmap:

String name = cp->GetString(PRIM_RELIEF_TEXTURE);
    Filename texture;
    GenerateTexturePath(doc->GetDocumentPath() + doc->GetDocumentName(), Filename(name), &texture;);

I am not sure what I would put in the "Filename(name)" part o fit.. I assume that the &texture; would be the constant of the description element but I am not sure.

Could someone please explain to me how I would do this?

Thanks,

~Shawn

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 21/11/2009 at 09:07, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Figured it out. Did it with ... Filename earthCloudMap = Filename(data->GetString(CLOUD_MAP,"No Image Chosen"));