Limitation of Use

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/11/2009 at 05:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,

is there a possibility to limit the use of a plugin? I would like a function, where I can write a fixed date into. Only during this timespan should it be possible to use it and at the end of the date nobody still can use the plugin. Exists such a function? If yes, is there an example code and where ( class ) must I integrate the code?

Thanks,

coffeemax

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 13/11/2009 at 15:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Set up a SNHookClass derived class and set up the demo expiration as described here (scroll down about half way) :

https://plugincafe.maxon.net/topic/3546/2968_getting-serial-number-in-netrender

Then you can check the validity of the demo in the function to allow it to work or not depending upon expiration (store the result in a global variable or as a class member).

On 19/11/2009 at 03:55, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thank you, your example is very good and it works :).