THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED
On 20/03/2010 at 12:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:
Originally posted by xxxxxxxx
* fear of being found out and sued by Maxon (or more likely, named and shamed by legit users)
* concern that pirated versions may be incomplete or virus-infested
* desire to have the support, updates, etc. which you get with a valid license (very important IMO)
* the fact that someone using a pirated copy is less likely to get paid work
* recognition that if everyone used a pirate copy, soon there'd be no more Maxon and no more C4D
* and a general awareness that if someone produces something you want, you have to pay for it, unless they are giving it away
IMO the last point in your list points to what I would call the fundamental reasons to buy software:
* Treat others like you would like to be treated.
* Appreciate others work and show it.
* Good Karma. Pure conscience.