Texture tags in a generator

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/10/2009 at 11:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.1 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

in my generator I have created some objects. Now I want to attach texture tags to those objects and link a material in those tags. The material is given by the user and linked in the description of my generator.

This is how I retrieve the material that the user has linked:

> BaseMaterial \*Mat     = (BaseMaterial\* )bc->GetLink(MY_MAT_LINK, doc);

So far it works, "Mat" is not NULL.

Now I create a texture tag on an object in my virtual hierarchy and want to link the material there:

> if (Mat) { \>      BaseTag     \*MatTag = BaseTag::Alloc(Ttexture); \>      if (MatTag) { \>           MatTag->GetDataInstance()->SetLink(TEXTURETAG_MATERIAL, Mat); \>           MatTag->GetDataInstance()->SetLong(TEXTURETAG_PROJECTION, TEXTURETAG_PROJECTION_FLAT); \>           MatTag->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(TEXTURETAG_LENGTHX, MatScale); \>           MatTag->GetDataInstance()->SetReal(TEXTURETAG_LENGTHY, MatScale); \>           PolyPlane->InsertTag(MatTag); \>      } \> } \>

I does not crash, but the material is also not linked. When I convert my generator object with "c" and look into the texture tag, the link field is empty. Why?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
    Jack

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 08/10/2009 at 11:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

mat->SetMaterial()

On 08/10/2009 at 11:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Oh wait. I just saw, there's a class TextureTag. Using its function SetMaterial(), I can successfully assign the material.

Anyway, I am not quite sure how to set the projection (attribute TEXTURETAG_PROJECTION) and the X/Y scale (TEXTURETAG_LENGTHX and TEXTURETAG_LENGTHY).

EDIT: Thanks, Samir. Didn't see that at first. But the projection and scaling would still be interesting to know.

Greetings,
    Jack

On 08/10/2009 at 12:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

OK, got that one, too:

> if (Mat) { \>      TextureTag     \*MatTag = TextureTag::Alloc(); \>      if (MatTag) { \>           MatTag->SetMaterial(Mat); \>           GeData dat = GeData(TEXTURETAG_PROJECTION_CUBIC); \>           MatTag->SetParameter(DescID(TEXTURETAG_PROJECTION), dat, NULL); \>           dat = GeData(MatScale); \>           MatTag->SetParameter(DescID(TEXTURETAG_LENGTHX), dat, NULL); \>           MatTag->SetParameter(DescID(TEXTURETAG_LENGTHY), dat, NULL); \>           PolyPlane->InsertTag(MatTag); \>      } \> } \>

I would like to have some more information in the SDK about which parameters of which objects/tags may be accessed via GetDataInstance() and which of them need GetParameter/SetParameter.

The question that remains is: How can I set the TEXTURETAG_ROTATION of the Texture Tag? In the .res file it uses CUSTOMGUI SUBDESCRIPTION, but I can't find any information about how to set the vector.

Cheers,
    Jack

On 08/10/2009 at 12:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It's still a VECTOR type so you use GeData(Vector(x,y,z)); (or something similar).

dat = GeData(Vector(0,0,0));
    MatTag->SetParameter(DescID(TEXTURETAG_ROTATION), dat, NULL);

CUSTOMGUI SUBDESCRIPTION simply describes the display interface for the type.

On 08/10/2009 at 13:40, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Aaah, ok :D Thank you!
    I'll never stop learning (and that's a good thing).

Well, the first result of my last speed programming session (1.5 days) can be seen here:
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6144271#post6144271

I'll continue working on it from time to time.

Cheers,
    Jack