Compiling on MAC

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 24/09/2009 at 02:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    I have some problem to create a structure project to work with Mac.
    In windows I usually put my plugin directory inside the plugins folder of cinema.
    In Mac (snow Leopard version) seems impossible to copy inside this folder!
    For my test with V11 I used the demo of cinema unzipped inside my user folder, and in this case I was able to copy inside PLUGINS folder and compile properly.
    But with 11.5, cinema is installed inside Application folder and the PLUGINS directory is inaccessible.
    To solve I copied my plugin folder inside the Preferences folder of cinema (Library\Preferences\....\plugins\) but now I'm not able to link the _libs of cinema (cinema4d resource api).
    To solve I changed the C4d_Root user-defined to point to the 11.5 folder, but this doesn't solve!
    Can someone explain me what i have to do?

Thank's in advanced
    Lorenzo

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 24/09/2009 at 03:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Can't you just copy/move the whole Cinema 4D folder from Applications to your own (develop) directory? From there you can compile from inside the usual plugins folder.
    At least, that's what I do..

On 24/09/2009 at 03:31, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I was afraid to do this! :-)
    But if is it possible and I didn't find any better solution, I will follow this path!

Thank's Scrooge McDuck!

On 24/09/2009 at 07:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

This is definitely the way to go. You can copy the entire C4D folder, or just create a new folder in your users directory (name it what you like), then copy the plugins and resource folders from the C4D folder in Applications into that new folder.

On 24/09/2009 at 08:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

In agreement here as well. I always create a folder in my users folder for the Cinema 4D version and copy over the resource and plugins folders. To make access to other resources easy I also copy the modules folder into the resource folder modules contents - on a Mac you might need to do this carefully so as not to replace the resource folder. Then my plugin project is created in the plugins folder there.

I just wish Xcode had a Post-build option like Visual Studio which is used to copy to production - that is, copy the res and plugin files to the live Cinema 4D installs and run C4D for immediate testing after a build.

On 26/09/2009 at 11:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Robert -
    Regarding post-build, you actually can do this in Xcode too:
    ----------------------
    1. right-click the target in question
    2. choose Add > New Build Phase > New Run Script Build Phase
    3. double-click the new Run Script target
    4. enter the shell you want to use ( I use /bin/tcsh )
    5. write your script
    ----------------------
    There is also a 'Copy Files' build phase too, but I have never tried that - I prefer to script it like in VS.
    Cheers,
    JD