Store data in TagData class

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/09/2009 at 13:16, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:    
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :

---------
    Simple question right?
    Is it possible to store data in a TagData class?
    I can easily declare let's say a Bool array in my plugin derived from a TagData and fill it somewhere.
    But because of how the drawing pipeline works (creating new instances of said plugin without the class data) this data get's lost. So after some interactive modelling all my carefully stored data is gone.
    I have looked at the read and write members but they do not get called in the drawing pipeline.
    I feel like I am missing something obvious here, so if anyone could shed some light that would be great.
    Cheers,
    Nebu

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/09/2009 at 13:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

CopyTo(). If you implement any of the three, you need to implement all three: Read(), Write(), CopyTo(). Read/Write are for file data. CopyTo is for copying/cloning, say for the drawing pipeline.

On 15/09/2009 at 13:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Robert, thank you very very much!
    I have not tested it yet, but I think you have nailed it.
    I have been banging my on head on this for quite some time, and I actually did not expect a response and certainly not so quick.
    Cheers,
    Wim