writing to console does not show up immed

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 04/09/2009 at 12:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R11 
    Platform:      Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,
    while running some computing intensive stuff in the main thread (in Execute() of a command plugin) I give the user some feedback on the console window. This works fine on Linux/Wine and Windows. But on MAC OS X the messages written with GePrint() do only show up _after_ my command has finished running. Is there a way to make those messages to appear immediately on MAC OS X? Any ideas?

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 06/09/2009 at 05:21, xxxxxxxx wrote:

why not giving out these information in the statusbar?

On 07/09/2009 at 01:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Quote: Originally posted by 3D Designer on 06 September 2009
    >
    > * * *
    >
    > why not giving out these information in the statusbar?
    >
    >
    >
    > * * *

I thought about that, but I do not really like it. The main reason is, that it is more than one line of text, I want to output.

Besides that, I realized that deleting the status bar text or setting the setting the "status bar (= progress bar)" to -1 does not work reliable under MAC OS X and Linux/Wine (though it works under Windows). Anybody else made that experience? The code that demonstrates the progress bar problem is like:

> <code>
    >
    > static void UpdateStatusBar(Real p, void* private_data)
    > {
    >     static LONG old = -1;
    >     LONG progress = p * 100;
    >     if (progress != old)
    >     {
    >         old = progress;
    >         StatusSetBar(progress);
    >     }
    > }
    >
    >
    > ...
    >     RenderDocument(self, *rdata, UpdateStatusBar, NULL, dummy, RENDERFLAG_EXTERNAL, NULL)
    >     StatusSetBar(-1);
    > ...
    > </code>

With this code the status bar will disappear after RenderDocument() is done, _but_ will reappear immediately... Any ideas why this happens?

On 07/09/2009 at 02:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

try StatusClear()

On 07/09/2009 at 03:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Quote: Originally posted by Shawni on 07 September 2009
    >
    > * * *
    >
    > try StatusClear()
    >
    >
    > * * *

StatusClear() deletes the status text not the status bar (aka progress bar), right?

On 07/09/2009 at 03:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It clears both. the status bar + status text.

On 07/09/2009 at 06:16, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I can confirm the strange behaviour of the console under OSX. I will report this to the developers.

cheers,
    Matthias