set frame

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 24/08/2009 at 06:35, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:    
    Platform:      Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi I know that this is probably very simple, but I'm afraid I'm not getting it. I'm trying to write a coffee tag pluggin and to fill an array. I want to use a loop to scroll through the frames and fill the user data info for each frame.
    I've tried:

var i = 0;

for (i = 0; i < max_frame; i = i + 1) {
    BaseTime (i,25);
    doc->SetTime();

print (frame);
                        print (",");
                        print( arr_number[frame]);
                        println(" "); }

but I'm not having any joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards Conor

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 24/08/2009 at 06:49, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Do something like this:

> \> var i = 0; \> \> for (i = 0; i < 50; i++) \> { \>      var time = new(BaseTime); \>      time->SetFrame(i,25.0); \>      doc->SetTime(time); \> } \>

cheers,
    Matthias

On 24/08/2009 at 07:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Matthias, I've tried this but its still not doing what I expected, instead of printing each frame and its user data, it prints out the current frame and its user date ,again and again, for the length of the loop.
    Is there a simpler way to fill an array ( made up of each frame and its user data)?

On 24/08/2009 at 07:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

If I understand you correctly you want to fill an array with user data for each frame. If so then i think a COFFEE tag is not the best way to do it. Have you looked into writing a COFFEE script or MenuPlugin instead?

cheers,
    Matthias

On 24/08/2009 at 07:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

No. I'll start reading up on this now.
    Cheers Conor

On 24/08/2009 at 07:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The thing is a COFFEE tag is an expression which is called for eachframe and every change you make. A script or MenuPlugin is called just once by the user.

Btw. if you use SetTime() you also have to call AnimateDocument() to actually animate the document.

cheers,
    Matthias