BaseContainers and user data

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 23/08/2009 at 06:52, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:      Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;  C++  ;

---------
    Hi all,

This is a topic I've been avoiding for too long and now I have to sink my teeth into it. I'm having trouble just listing what's inside baseContainers. Is there a simple way to get a list of the different values a baseContainer holds in COFFEE? Or is that something that has to be done in the SDK?

My other question is, how does one add and set user data in COFFEE? I thought it would be something inside of a baseContainer but I can't figure that out either. I've noticed that simple values can be set using the #USER_DATA:number indicator in COFFEE but only after you've added that to the object through the UI; I need to be able to add Link attributes from script.

Thanks in advance.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 24/08/2009 at 01:00, xxxxxxxx wrote:

To browse through a container you can something like this:

> \> var op = doc->GetActiveObject(); \> var bc = op->GetContainer(); \> \> var i = 0; \> while (bc->GetIndexId(i) != NOTOK) \> { \>      println(bc->GetIndexData(i)); \>      i++; \> } \>

As for your second question, it is not possible to add user data with COFFEE.

cheers,
    Matthias