Making coffee do it's thing more slowly

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/08/2009 at 01:12, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi, I'm sorry for the beginner level post among people who really seem to know their stuff! I'm a complete noob, and would appreciate your support.

Basically, I've got a document, very simple, just 1 cube, with a coffee Tag, in which I'm trying to tell the cube to move up until a certain point, and then when it reaches that height, it starts going down until a certain point. The problem is, I think that makes it an infinite loop because COFFEE is trying to do it all instantly. I'm looking for a way to instruct coffee only to evaluate and move the cube once per frame. Is there a way to do this or am I approaching the whole thing the wrong way?

Thanks in advance, and please be patient with my inability to comprehend the language of which you are all masters.

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/08/2009 at 04:03, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You need to write a delta time expression plugin. Please check the "Writing delta time plugins" chapter of the COFFEE documentation.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 05/08/2009 at 04:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I think it is notable to add that you should go for the R9.5 Documentation:

http://http.maxon.net/pub/sdk/95/COFFEER95SDKHTML2005-10-28.zip

On 11/08/2009 at 09:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks very much both of you for your responses, I've sorted it out now, with the help of the SDK, thanks very much!