Description / Grey out part of vector

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 06/07/2009 at 13:39, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   r11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi there,

After i have learned how to show/hide certain parts of a description, i am wondering if there is a way to grey out the y and z component of a VECTOR description?

or do i need to hide the VECTOR and show a LONG element?

thanks and cheers,
    ELlo

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 07/07/2009 at 03:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You have to check for the second level in GetDEnabling(). Note that it can only work with a subchannel vector description. You can do this by adding the CUSTOMGUI SUBDESCRIPTION flag to your resource file.

> VECTOR CIRCLEOBJECT_VECTOR { UNIT REAL; MIN 0.0; CUSTOMGUI SUBDESCRIPTION; }

> \> Bool DoubleCircleData::GetDEnabling(GeListNode \*node, const DescID &id;,const GeData &t;\_data,LONG flags,const BaseContainer \*itemdesc) \> { \>      BaseContainer &data; = \*((BaseObject\* )node)->GetDataInstance(); \> \>      if (id[0].id == CIRCLEOBJECT_VECTOR) \>      { \>           if (id.GetDepth() > 1 && id[1].id == VECTOR_X) \>           { \>                return FALSE; \>           } \>      } \> \>      return TRUE; \> } \>

cheers,
    Matthias

On 07/07/2009 at 04:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thank you very much!

cheers,
    ello

On 08/07/2009 at 09:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

hi there,,
    i am just wondering.. there really is no way to get this working without visually expanding the vector?

thanks and cheers,
    ello

On 09/07/2009 at 01:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Unfortunatly not.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 11/07/2009 at 03:01, xxxxxxxx wrote:

another question i came across.. how can i hide those vector components totally? i know how i can hide complete description elements, but not how to hide for example the y and z component of a vector?

thanks in advance,
    ello

On 14/07/2009 at 01:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You can't hide the subchannels of a vector description. If you want full control you have to write your own vector data type and custom gui. There is an example in the SDK examples.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 14/07/2009 at 11:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

i was afraid of that. since this means no previous files will work after that change (due to different description ID's).. or am i missing something?

cheers,
    ello

On 14/07/2009 at 12:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

a custom datatype will not result in a different resource ID. You can still use the same ID for your own data type (of course the plugin id will be different but that shouldn´t affect loading of old files). And vector values from the container can be easily converted to the new data type. Should work imo.