Force MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 22/06/2009 at 10:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10 
    Platform:   Windows  ; Mac  ;  Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

is there a way to force MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE message to update for a custom Material Preview? It is only called once when the material is updating for the first time, then this message is never called again. I´d need to update it so I can modify the cache scene again.

Thx

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 26/06/2009 at 06:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

The ParticleVolume example handles this through the MATPREVIEW_PREPARE_SCENE message. Depending on the preview settings it changes the emitter settings of the custom preview scene.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 26/06/2009 at 10:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, I also use MATPREVIEW_PREPARE_SCENE to change settings of the preview scene, but is it save to modify the scene in this message? I mean like removing objects etc.?

On 15/12/2009 at 07:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Any chance of an answer to this after 5 months? I really need to know if there is a way to safely recall MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE. I cannot simply use MATPREVIEW_PREPARE_SCENE as I need to first set up the custom cache scene in MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE and then change settings (just like the particleVolume example does).

thanks in advance.

Edit: Well, of course if it is valid and safe to set up a completely new custom scene (copying objects which load custom data and materials from a completely different scene) in MATPREVIEW_PREPARE_SCENE, I´d also like to know. But my assumption is that this is what MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE is for. But in any case, I simply need to remove all previous objects and Materials I inserted in MATPREVIEW_MODIFY_CACHE_SCENE and load new ones.

On 17/12/2009 at 14:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It seems to be safe to setup a complete scene in MATPREVIEW_PREPARE_SCENE. In any case I've asked the developers about this some days ago. I'll let you know as soon as I got an answer.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 17/12/2009 at 16:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Matthias, that would currently be perfect Timing for me! Looking forward to the confirm (either positive or negative).