insert a custom generator into document

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 09/06/2009 at 10:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,

I have built my own custom generator (object plugin derived from ObjectData), registered and working. I can add that generator to my document by clicking on the menu item that was automatically created, but what I want is to insert a new object of that generator type into the currently active document by some other command plugin (i.e. not by user-click, but by function-call).

So far I have encountered the following problems:
    - Obviously, I can only add objects with baseclass 'BaseObject' to the document by calling
    void InsertCreateObject(BaseDocument* doc, BaseObject* op, BaseObject* activeobj = NULL)
    but unfortunately, my object plugin has to be of baseclass 'ObjectData' which has nothing in common with 'BaseObject', so I can't add my object plugin here.

- my generator class contains a referenced BaseObject (accessible by the Get() function of NodeData) if it was created by the menu entry, but NOT if I create a new instance with gNew
    i.e.:
    MyGenerator *myGen = (MyGenerator* )(MyGenerator::Alloc());
    BaseObject *object = (BaseObject* )myGen->Get();
    *** object is NULL here ***

I was searching for hours, but it seems as if noone ever had this problem before. Or maybe I am missing something... ???

Cheers

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 09/06/2009 at 10:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Why don't you just use BaseObject::Alloc(PLUGIN_ID) ?

Greetings,
    Jack

On 09/06/2009 at 10:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

can you hear that periodical thumping? That's my head trying to crack through the wooden plate of my desk!

I've seen the parameter of the Alloc function, but I was so sure that it only works with the built-in objects that I didn't even try it.

Now that I tried, it worked instantly!

Thanks a lot Jack, you saved my day :-)

On 09/06/2009 at 14:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Glad I could help ;-)

Cheers,
    Jack