accessing different parameters of objects

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 02/05/2009 at 15:42, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thank you! that helps alot

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 02/05/2009 at 15:50, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Glad I could help ;-)

Greetings,
    Jack

On 11/05/2009 at 03:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Alternatively you can drag description elements into the Cinema 4D console.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 11/05/2009 at 03:44, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thank you

On 15/05/2009 at 15:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ok, i have a problem with this again..
    i have cloned the BaseObject pLink to p and want to change its parameters but it doesnt work:

> `

\>  BaseContainer *bc2 = pLink->GetDataInstance();  
    \>  profile = (BaseObject* )pLink->GetClone(COPY_NO_BITS, NULL);  
    \>  bc = profile->GetDataInstance();  
    \>  

`

if pLink is Osplinecircle for example from my understanding the following line would change the radius of profile to 50% of the original:
    > `

\>  bc->SetReal(PRIM_CIRCLE_RADIUS,bc2->GetReal(PRIM_CIRCLE_RADIUS/100*50));  
    \>  

`

but the radius of profile keeps the radius of pLink.
    why is this?

thanks,
    ello

On 15/05/2009 at 20:45, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Try (C4DAtom::)SetParameter() instead of the BaseContainer methods. Some parameter values are only accessible as Descriptions (parameters) while others can be set via the BaseContainer. Yes, this is very frustrating as I can attest. My approach is this: anything described in the .res file of the type is best set using SetParameter(). Never fails in these situations.

GeData data;
    profile->GetParameter(DescID(PRIM_CIRCLE_RADIUS), data, 0L);
    profile->SetParameter(DescID(PRIM_CIRCLE_RADIUS), GeData(data.GetReal()/100.0f*50.0f), 0L);

On 15/05/2009 at 23:38, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thank you so much for all your help! this works like a charm :)

btw, would it be better to replace the GetDataInstance() thing everywhere by the GeData version?

On 16/05/2009 at 02:56, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi anubis23,

Click here

I asked about this stuff some time ago and this might help you.

>>would it be better to replace the GetDataInstance() thing everywhere by the GeData version?

I guess, due to historical reasons it's still available.

Bye, Shawni

On 16/05/2009 at 06:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

i think i'll do so.

btw, how do i access the virtual objects of a plugin object from another plugin object? do i need to store all generated subobjects into an array of BaseObjects ? and if so, how can i access that array from outside ?

cheers,
    ello

On 25/05/2009 at 02:30, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You can't directly access virtual objects of generators. They can be only accessed indirectly by making the generator editable.

cheers,
    Matthias