Realistic Shadows from Volumetric Shaders

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 22/04/2009 at 08:07, xxxxxxxx wrote:

ouch. that would be a tough job...

Since applying the same shader to a giant cube works, C4D seems to be able to do great shadows with volumetric shaders. It's just a matter of taking into account shaders applied to environments...

Thanks for your help
    Ben

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/05/2009 at 05:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Matthias, any news on this?
    Will there be a fix in future versions of C4D?

Thanks,
    Ben

On 11/05/2009 at 07:26, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Ben, I can't say when this will be fixed. I'll report it as feature request.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 11/05/2009 at 07:54, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok!

Thanks for letting me know.

best,
    Ben

On 18/09/2009 at 03:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

Any news on this problem? Is it supposed to be fixed in R11.5?

Best,
    Ben

On 18/09/2009 at 03:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Afaik nothing has changed regarding this issue. I have to check again.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 11/01/2010 at 07:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

I'm Julien. Since Ben left our development team, I was forwarded his messages here, at PluginCafé. Could you please tell me if you had time to check this problem of hard shadows? Thank you!
    (by the way, I wish you a happy new year!)

Regards,
    Julien.

On 17/01/2011 at 10:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

I wish you a Hapy New Year!
    Could you please tell us if this very old issue has been fixed (in Cinema4D 12), or, if not, if it is going to be fixed in a future update. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Julien.

On 18/01/2011 at 05:53, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Julien,

I wish you a Happy New Year too.

I am sorry to inform you that regarding the issue with the shadow calculation nothing has changed so far. So far I am nor aware of any changes in future releases. I will mention it to the developers again.

cheers,
    Matthias

• On 13/01/2016 at 09:33, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

I wish you a Hapy New Year 2016!

We still have issues with this problem (a customer recently reported the issue again, and it prevented him from using xStream in his project...)

I just wonder if this is going to be fixed this year (in Ciname 4D R17, for instance?)
    Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
    Julien.