Quicktime frags us over again!

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 27/03/2009 at 16:19, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R(any) 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    I see that the latest version of iTunes/QuickTime has broken some image support in Cinema 4D on Windows (so far haven't checked MacOS). TIFF images come in black with no hope of redemption - my plugin hasn't changed at all - and it shows in older versions of Cinema 4D so it is QuickTime for sure. Thank you, Apple, once again. May I remind Apple that the TIFF format is not THEIRS! (unlike PNG - this is Adobe's). Don't screw with world-wide, established, independent file formats and go suck a lemon.

I take it that this is related to the mentioned TIFF buffer overflow exploits. So they fixed it by breaking support in anyplace where the QuickTime library is being utilized. Terrific...horrific.

Please, Maxon, have a nice lengthy discussion with these idiots about this. I've checked and it effects EVERY version of Cinema 4D so far (back to R8.2 but probably back to 5, 6, whatever)!!!

Yours fuming pissed,
    Robert...

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 27/03/2009 at 16:28, xxxxxxxx wrote:

To add: note that you are going to have armies of very angry users if they find that their commercial projects are screwed by this. I use TIFF almost exclusively for texture maps - and I'm sure many others do as well. I told you so first... ;P

On 27/03/2009 at 16:59, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Nevermind. Now I'm an idiot.

Seems that the image was actually black. But not originally. It was updated recently by 'something' (???). The date was 2/23/2009 whereas the original date was 6/13/1999 which leads me to believe that something swaggered in, saw a '.tif' being used, and attacked. Don't ask me. I just know that that figure is loaded into C4D often for testing and it was the only one hit. I have 24/7 anti-virus running.

Very interesting.