set parameter of a description (*.res)

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/03/2009 at 10:43, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,
    how do I change dynamicly a parameter in a Container of a res-file?

I start with these res-file:

> \> CONTAINER Tmytagplugin \> { \>     NAME Tmytagplugin; \>     INCLUDE Texpression; \> \>     GROUP ID_TAGPROPERTIES \>     { \>           LINK PARENT { } \>           BOOL UP_VEC { } \>           LINK UP_VECTOR { HIDDEN;} \>     } \> } \>

I want to show the 3. Option "UP_VECTOR" in the Attribute-Manager, if the boolean UP_VEC is enabled.

The problem is, I don't know how to access the description in the right way:

I have only access to
    > MyTagPlugin::Init(GeListNode \*node)

and

> MyTagPlugin::Execute(PluginTag \*tag, BaseDocument \*doc, BaseObject \*op, BaseThread \*bt, LONG priority, LONG flags)

but how can I access my description?

furthermore I don't know how to use:
    Bool SetParameter(const DescID & id, const BaseContainer& param, const DescID& groupid);

DescID id => DESC_HIDE
    DescID groupid => UP_VECTOR
    but how should i create the BaseContainer param ??

I would prefer some examples...

Grumpf :)

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/03/2009 at 10:47, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You have to overload GetDDescription() for dynamic descriptions. Check the MorphMixer and the LookAtCamera SDK examples for the use of it.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 17/03/2009 at 13:51, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks, for the fast reply :)
    Now it works!
    The stuff with the DescIDs (DescLevel) was a bit difficult..
    but the LookAtCamera-Example was very helpful!

greetz :)