Display Tag behaves cocky :-/

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 16/03/2009 at 17:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.1 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hi,

I create a Display tag an attach it to an object. Works fine.
    I set the WDisplay Mode in the tag to "Box". Works fine.
    I activate the WDisplay mode in the tag by setting the checkbox to TRUE. Nothing happens, the checkbox is still set to FALSE??

> \> // Create Display Tag \> BaseTag \*dt = BaseTag::Alloc(Tdisplay); \> \> // Set Display mode \> dt->GetDataInstance()->SetBool(DISPLAYTAG_AFFECT_DISPLAYMODE, TRUE); // No effect! \> dt->GetDataInstance()->SetBool(DISPLAYTAG_AFFECT_BACKFACECULLING, TRUE); // No effect, either!! \> dt->GetDataInstance()->SetLong(DISPLAYTAG_WDISPLAYMODE, DISPLAYTAG_WDISPLAY_BOX); // Works \> \> // Attach Tag to object "cl" \> cl->InsertTag(dt); \>

Thanks for any help!

Greetings,
    Jack

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 16/03/2009 at 20:25, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Have you tried SetParameter() instead?

dt->SetParameter(DescLevel(DISPLAYTAG_AFFECT_DISPLAYMODE,DTYPE_BOOL,0L), GeData(TRUE), DESCFLAGS_DONTCHECKMINMAX);

On 17/03/2009 at 05:18, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ah! No, I didn't try that. Will try now :)
    Thanks, Robert!

Cheers,
    Jack

On 17/03/2009 at 05:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Yippie! Works! Thanks again!

I still have no idea why I can acces most of the parameters using the DataInstance, and why I have to access some parameters with SetParameter(). Is that some kind of legacy stuff from very old API versions?

Cheers,
    Jack

On 17/03/2009 at 08:15, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Howdy,

I think it may be because some parameters are part of a structure, like the X-Ray parameter is part of the ObjectColorProperties structure and can't be accessed through the regular data container. But that is just one example.

Adios,
    Cactus Dan

On 19/03/2009 at 04:48, xxxxxxxx wrote:

It really depends if parameters are stored in the node's container or if they are handled through the node's SetD/GetDParameter() methods for instance.

cheers,
    Matthias