Accessing Custom Elements

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 16/03/2009 at 14:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi guys,

I really got stuck, maybe you can help me out.
    In ResEdit, I created a Custom Element(TEXTURNAME [1000484]).
    Now, how can I access its Container or at least the Properties like the image, the user has chosen? I read the SDK Docu up and down and vice versa, even the customgui_texturename.h did not give any usable info, as well as this forum.

What I want to do is, let the User choose a Bitmap and pass this relative path to a variable.

Best Regards, Robert...

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 17/03/2009 at 08:41, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Appendix:

Based on the CPP SDK Docs, I found some useful Info, but it's still not enough. I really wish, there would be more examples for particular Elements, especially for Custom-Elements.
    Maybe, it's just a simple mistake, but the println never puits something out...

> \> var filedata = new(BaseContainer); \> filedata->GetData(IDC_COLORMAP); \> var texstr = filedata->GetString(CUSTOMGUI_TEXTURENAME); \> println(texstr); // always nothing? \>

greetings, Robert

On 17/03/2009 at 08:46, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You can't access custom GUI elements in COFFEE. For some there exist workarounds, but in general not.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 17/03/2009 at 08:58, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Oh, thanks.

But could you eventually point me to a workaround then?
    Would be very kind ;)

On 17/03/2009 at 09:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

In dialogs you can't access custom GUI elements in general. An exception is the link field which receives a drag message if you drag something into into it. See following thread:

Question to LinkBox

cheers,
    Matthias

On 17/03/2009 at 09:05, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Also you can access some parts of custom description elements. But this depends on the internal datatype structure of the elements.

cheers,
    Matthias.

On 17/03/2009 at 09:11, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey, that really helped me out.
    Thanks Matthias...
    :)