include every file in directory

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/02/2009 at 06:29, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   10.5 
    Platform:    Mac  ;  
    Language(s) :   C.O.F.F.E.E  ;

---------
    Hi,

Does anyone know a way to include every file in a directory into the .cof-file whithout knowing the filenames?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Gambetti

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 15/02/2009 at 08:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:

What kind of files? Into the same folder as the .cof file?
    Or into the cof code?
    As long as you know where they are I suppose -maybe-
    there should be some way but I'm not sure.

I think the include"file" function need the files placed and named
    beforehand.
    Other than that you might be able to at least read from files within
    the code.
    file->Open(fn, GE_READ); etc

Cheers
    Lennart

On 15/02/2009 at 15:34, xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a directory which might contain user-generated files (like "userClass.coh") with class-declarations. I want to include those files in the header of the .cof-file on startup.
    So, normally i would have

> \> include 'userClass.coh'; \>

in the header, but I don't know the name yet. - This doesn't seem to work with "file->Open". And it doesn't seem to be possible to have those include-statements wrapped inside a method. - So, probably there's no solution for this.

Cheers,
    Gambetti

On 16/02/2009 at 02:06, xxxxxxxx wrote:

This is not possible in COFFEE. One possibility would be to write a C++ plugin which modifies the sources of the COFFEE files upon starting Cinema4D.

cheers,
    Matthias