LicenseServer questions

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/02/2009 at 08:27, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   R11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    If I remember correctly, it was stated that plugin devs didn't necessarily have to concern themselves about multi-licenses.

If true, would the alternative be to make n number of serial numbers to fill out the block alloted to the multi-license? Or is the multi-license serial number itself sent to SNCheck()?

I'm using an SNHookClass. What does it send in the first argument of the function (c4dsn)?

SNCheck(const String & c4dsn, const String& sn, LONG regdate, LONG curdate)

How the new multi-license effects SNHookClass has been poorly explained (not at all, obviously). Your education on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 05/02/2009 at 08:32, xxxxxxxx wrote:

In a license server enviroment 'c4dsn' contains the client serial number send by the license server to the clients. Please use GeGetSerialInfo() within SNCheck().

cheers,
    Matthias

On 05/02/2009 at 08:36, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Ah, so I want to use GeGetSerialInfo() to see if the license is multi-license and ignore the serial in 'c4dsn' if it is, using the multi-license number from GeGetSerialInfo() instead (which the user will need to provide for my serial number generation).

And, of course, that means that I have to update my code. :(

Thanks, Matthias.