multilicense prefix '20' or '201'

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 02/02/2009 at 04:10, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:    
    Platform:      
    Language(s) :

---------
    Hi,

in the dev-kitchen it says the license count is the part after '201', so it starts at the fourth digit.

In several posts here , it says the prefix for a multilicense bofore the actual lic-count is '20'.

So which is correct, '20' or '201' ?

thanks,
    Daniel

http://www.plugincafe.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=4&TopicID;=3691

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 02/02/2009 at 07:22, xxxxxxxx wrote:

You don't have to care about the first three digits. Just request the serial information with SERIAL_MULTILICENSE and you get a multi-license number, otherwise the serial number string is empty and you continue to request the normal Cinema single-license number with SERIAL_CINEMA4D. All that matters for multi-licences are the fourth, fifth and sixth digit for the number of licenses.

> \> SerialInfo si; \> \> GeGetSerialInfo(SERIAL_MULTILICENSE, &si;); \> \> if(si.nr.Content()) \>      GePrint("multi "+si.nr); \> else \> { \>      GeGetSerialInfo(SERIAL_CINEMA4D, &si;); \>      if(si.nr.Content()) \>           GePrint("single "+si.nr); \> } \>

cheers,
    Matthias

On 02/02/2009 at 09:08, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Matthias,

thanks for the code example.

I'm wondering now what happens if a customer got a multi license for say 10 copies of c4d.

the serial i get with the above method would probably be like this:

201010xxxxx

This means there is 10 clients that share this serial, which they get from the license server.

Thus i would have to make my plugin serials multi-licenses as well, which means i have to code into my serials how many licenses were bought.

Because if i dont, customers can use my single license for all their clients that share a c4d multi-license.

Is that correct or did i get sth wrong ?

thanks,
    Daniel

On 02/02/2009 at 10:04, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Quote: _Is that correct or did i get sth wrong ?
    >
    > * * *
    _

Basically it would work like this, you request the first 11 digits of the customers multi-license. This will give you the number of Cinema4D seats. Currently there is no way to license a plugin only to a limited number of seats of the maximum number of Cinema4D seats. In your plugin check if a multi-license is avaible, if so apply your serial number rule containing the number of licenses. How you handle this in the end is up to you.

cheers,
    Matthias

On 02/02/2009 at 11:09, xxxxxxxx wrote:

thanks, i can work sth out now.

greetings,
    Daniel