Recreating Search Dialog Layout

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 29/01/2009 at 02:37, xxxxxxxx wrote:

User Information:
    Cinema 4D Version:   11 
    Platform:   Windows  ;   Mac OSX  ; 
    Language(s) :     C++  ;

---------
    Hello,

I am trying to recreate the Layout of the Search Dialog (Command Manager ID 1011177) for a custom Search GeDialog.

I am able to put the EditText into the MenuLine with
    > GroupBeginInMenuLine()
    but half the space is occupied by a non existing menu.

How is it possible to expand the EditText to the whole line or at least prevent the Cinema from drawing the grey empty Menu bar?

Best
    Macm

• THE POST BELOW IS MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD. RELATED SUPPORT INFORMATION MIGHT BE OUTDATED OR DEPRECATED

On 04/02/2009 at 05:02, xxxxxxxx wrote:

There are two things needed to achieve this specific layout. Fist to hide the menu you have to put this into your dialog's constructor:

> \> C4DOS.Cd->AddGadget(Get(),DIALOG_NOMENUBAR,0,NULL,0,0,0,0,NULL,NULL); \>

Second you add a window pin element (to dock/undock dialogs) with WINDOWPIN in your dialog resource file. Here is a complete dialog resource example:

c4d_symbols.h

> \> ... \> // Dialog definitions of IDD_SEARCH_DIALOG start here \> MY_DIALOG, \> IDC_MY_DIALOG_EDIT, \> // Dialog definitions of IDD_SEARCH_DIALOG end here \> ... \>

my_dialog.res

> \> DIALOG MY_DIALOG \> { \> NAME T1; FIT_V; SCALE_V; FIT_H; SCALE_H; \> \> GROUP IDC_STATIC \> { \>     NAME IDS_STATIC; ALIGN_TOP; FIT_H; SCALE_H; \>     BORDERSIZE 0, 0, 0, 0; \>     ROWS 1; \>     SPACE 2, 4; \> \>      WINDOWPIN { ALIGN_LEFT; CENTER_V; }; \>     EDITTEXT IDC_MY_DIALOG_EDIT { CENTER_V; FIT_H; SCALE_H; SIZE 70, 0; } \> } \> } \>

my_dialog.str

> \> DIALOGSTRINGS MY_DIALOG \> { \> IDS_STATIC       "Group"; \> T1               "My Dialog"; \> } \>

cheers,
    Matthias

On 11/02/2009 at 09:57, xxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks a lot.